8 ounces hot dogs, coarsely chopped
Vegetable cooking spray
¼ cups sweet yellow cornbread mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ to ½
teaspoon crushed red pepper
shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno
- Cook hot dogs and onions in a non-stick
skillet, over medium heat. Drain any fat.
- Lightly spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with
vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine cornbread mix with milk, egg,
crushed red pepper and hot dog mixture,
- Measure 1/3 cup cheese and set aside. Add
remaining cheese to cornbread mixture and stir
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and set
aside. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese evenly over
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for
30 minutes or until set. Let stand a few
minutes before slicing.
- Can also be cut in smaller portions and
served as an appetizer.
- Transport to picnic in a chilled ice
chest. Allow to come to room temperature
National Hot Dog & Sausage Council