Chorizo Sausage Omelet with Sauce
Yield: 2 omelets
5 ounces Chorizo sausage, chopped
chopped green onion
dried oregano, divided
Salt and pepper
teaspoons olive oil
- Cook sausage in heavy skillet over medium
heat until cooked through, breaking sausage
into small pieces. Remove from pan with slotted
spoon and drain as necessary. Remove ¼ cup
sausage and set aside for sauce.
- Add green onions to hot pan and saute until
tender. Remove from pan and mix with
sausage. Hold warm in a 200 degree F
- For each omelet, whisk 3 eggs and 1/8
teaspoon oregano together in a small
bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an empty nonstick 8-inch omelet pan
over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil
and tilt pan to coat the entire
surface. Pour egg mixture into pan
and scramble until the eggs are slightly
coagulated (slightly thickened with a syrupy
- Place 1/3 cup reserved sausage and onion
mixture onto 1/2 of omelet. Cook until eggs are
- Fold one half of omelet over the filling.
Roll or flip omelet onto heated plate.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for
second omelet. Hold omelets in oven while
Sausage Onion Sauce
teaspoon unsalted butter
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup reserved cooked and
crumbled Chorizo sausage
1 tablespoon sliced
green onions (green tops preferred)
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Add flour
and stir to make smooth. Stir in stock
and cream. Stir and cook until
thickened. Stir in sausage and heat
- Spoon sauce across omelets.
- Garnish with sliced green onions tops.
National Hot Dog & Sausage Council