Apple Mustard Salsa
1 cup finely chopped tart green apple
teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup honey
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns, split
- Toss chopped apple with fresh lemon juice
to prevent apple from turning brown. Add
mustard and mix well.
- Cover and chill until meal time.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for the
direct grilling method, using medium
heat. Place hot dogs on grill rack, about
4 to 5 inches from the heat. Cook hot dogs
over direct medium heat to an internal
temperature of 165 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- During last 3 to 4 minutes, open hot dog
buns and lightly toast them over indirect
heat. Place hot dogs into heated
- Serve Apple Mustard Salsa atop hot dogs.
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council