Summer Harvest Salad
Serves 5 to 6 side dish servings
½ teaspoon olive oil
4 ounces beef hot links, coarsely chopped
½ cup minced onion
1 cup seeded and minced green bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 ½ cups frozen or fresh extra sweet corn kernels, thawed and drained
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh tomato
2 cups young spinach leaves
¼ cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add hot beef links and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, continuing to stir occasionally about 4 to 5 minutes. During last minute, add garlic and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir corn into cooled mixture. Add tomatoes and stir well. Cover and cool.
- Arrange spinach leaves on each plate or a large platter, top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle lightly with salad dressing.
- Transport to picnic in a chilled ice chest.