Smoked Sausage and Mushroom Stew
1 pound smoked sausage, cut in ½-inch
1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, (baby-bello, button, shiitake, etc.) cleaned, trimmed
1 cup coarsely cut red onion
1 cup red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup beer
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cooked fettuccine or wide egg noodles
- Place sausage slices, all vegetables, seasonings and beer in slow cooker. Stir well to mix all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- To thicken liquid, turn setting to HIGH. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water, blending well. Add cornstarch to sausage mixture, stirring well.
- Cook for about 8 minutes liquid will be slightly thickened.
- Serve over in a shallow bowl with cooked fettuccine or wide egg noodles.