1/2 pound fresh hot Italian sausage
Olive oil cooking spray
1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh red pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Squeeze sausage from the casings into a heavy skillet. Over medium heat, saute sausage, breaking sausage into small pieces. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Remove sausage pieces from pan with a slotted spoon and drain well on clean paper towels. Blot dry with additional paper towels.
- Lightly spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and position in the baking dish with half of the dough falling to the side. Gently press dough into corners and to cover the dish bottom. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon rosemary.
- Crumble cooked sausage and sprinkle 1 cup sausage over the dough.
- Fold dough over sausage filling, covering completely. Seal edges.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup sausage and 2 tablespoons peppers atop dough.
- Combine garlic powder, herbs and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot.