Sausage and Whole Wheat Pasta Frittata
4 ounces OR 3/4-inch diameter bunch whole
5 large eggs
6 ounces fully cooked bratwurst sausage, chopped in 1/4-inch pieces (measures 2 cups)
1 cup chopped tomatoes, drained of excess juices
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Before adding pasta to boiling water, break strands into three sections. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, 1/2 cup Cheddar, black pepper and cooked and drained pasta.
- Liberally spray a 10-inch tart or pie pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Pour sausage mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Parmesan. Pat mixture with back of spoon to ensure all noodles are covered with moisture.
- Bake on rack in the middle of the oven for 26-30 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
NOTE: If serving for lunch or light supper, add 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasonings to the mixture in step 3 above.© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council