Sausage and Veggie Quesadillas
1 pound breakfast sausage (reduced fat
1 (8-ounce) container garden vegetable cream cheese spread
8 (6-inch) whole wheat or multi-grain flour tortillas
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- Over medium heat, saute sausage in a large heavy non-stick skillet. Cook, breaking up sausage, with a wooden spoon, into small pieces. Cook until sausage is brown. Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon and drain, if necessary, on a clean paper towel. Wipe or wash skillet clean.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each tortilla.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in skillet, cheese side up.
- Sprinkle one half of each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each onions and red peppers and add 1/4 cup crumbled sausage on same half. Cook just until ingredients are warm.
- Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients.