Salami Anitpasto Sandwich
½ pound thinly sliced hard salami
1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
¼ cup pepperoncini peppers, drained
8 ounces Provolone cheese
½ cup ripe olives, pitted and sliced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup Italian or Caesar salad dressing
1 20-21-inch French baguette
12-15 fresh basil leaves
- Cut salami and peppers into thin strips. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts. Finely chop pepperoncini. Cut Provolone into cubes.
- Combine salami, roasted peppers, artichokes with liquid, pepperoncini, cheese, olives, oregano and salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut baguette into 4 equal pieces. Slice and open. Remove some of the soft bread from the interior, leaving a hollow space in both top and bottom sections.
- Portion the marinated salami and vegetable mixture (about 1 cup each) into the bread sections. Place fresh basil leaves on top bread section.
- Close and tightly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and chill about 3 to 4 hours.