Pepperoni Pesto Roll-Ups
3-ounces sandwich style pepperoni (or 1
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
½ cup whole basil leaves, stems removed
5 8-inch whole wheat or pesto flour tortillas, room temperature
- In a food processor, using the pulse setting, process pepperoni until it is finely minced. Transfer pepperoni to a bowl.
- Place cream cheese and pesto sauce in food processor and mix until well blended.Return pepperoni to food processor, add peppers and process until smooth.
- Divide (about ¼ cup) mixture between 5 tortillas and spread to within ¼-inch around all the edges. Place a row of basil leaves across the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for, at least, 2 hours.
- Transport to picnic site in a chilled ice chest. When ready to serve, cut in half on the diagonal.