Frankly Fabulous Dip
Yields 6 cups
½ pound hot dogs, each cut in 4 pieces
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
8 ounces sour cream
½ cup chopped green onions (green tops included)
¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (8 ounces)
Dippers: tortilla chips and scoops
- Place hot dogs pieces in a food processor bowl fitted with the metal blade. Use a pulsing action to mince hot dogs.
- In the slow cooker, stir together minced hot dogs, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, red pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting.
- Cook for about 1½ hours or until the sauce is steaming.
- Slowly add cheese, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly to ensure cheese melts after each addition.
- Reduce heat to LOW. Serve warm with tortilla chips or scoops.