Smokey Pigs in a Blanket with Honey Mustard Dip
Yield: 48 Pieces
16-ounces cocktail-sized smoked sausages
1 8-ounce tube refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup Honey Mustard (see below)
1. Pat sausage links dry. Preheat oven
to 375 degrees F.
2. Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles, pressing diagonal perforations together. Cut each dough rectangle into 12 strips for a total of 48 (about 3/8-inch wide).
3. Wrap one strip around center of each link. Gently press edges of strips to seal. Place, 1 inch apart, seam side down on an ungreased shiny baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 11-12 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack.
5. Serve warm with Honey Mustard dip and/or other assorted brown mustards.
Honey Mustard Dip
Â½ cup honey
Â½ cup plain Dijon mustard
1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Â© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council