Puerco en un Poncho con queso
Yield 32 Pieces
1 16-ounce package hot dogs (8 hot dogs per
1 11.5-ounce tube refrigerated cornbread twists
- Pat hot dogs dry. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 pieces.
- Unwind cornbread twists and separate at perforations to form 16 strips. Cut each strip in half for a total of 32 strips. Wrap one cornbread strip around each hot dog section. Gently press edges to seal.
- Place wrapped hot dogs, 1 inch apart, seam side down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until cornbread is light brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack.
- Serve warm with Queso Salsa.
Mexican Cheese Fondue
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
¾ cup beer
2 Tablespoons tomato salsa
- In a medium bowl, stir cheese with flour, cumin and cayenne.
- Heat beer over medium heat in a medium, heavy saucepan until beer begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add cheese mixture, ¼ cup at a time, stirring, with a wooden spoon. Stir constantly after each addition until cheese is melted. Stir in salsa.
- Transfer to fondue pot. Using fondue forks, dip warm Pigs in a Poncho into the cheese fondue.
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council