Pigs in a Kimono
1 16-ounce package hot dogs, (8 to a
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
16 (2-3/4 x 3-1/2-inch) wonton wraps
2 Tablespoons white sesame seeds
1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
Hoisin sauce, Sweet/sour sauce and Chinese mustard
- Cut each hot dog in half (measuring about 2-1/2 inches). n a shallow dish, marinate hot dogs in teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes. Reserve teriyaki sauce for step 4.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fold each wonton wrap in half, lengthwise, measuring 1-5/8 x 3-1/2-inches. Wrap one folded wonton wrap around each hot dog half. Gently press edges to seal.
- Lightly brush teriyaki sauce over wonton wraps. Combine sesame seeds and lightly dip each wrapped hot dog into sesame seeds.
- Place wrapped hot dogs, 1-inch apart, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until wonton wraps are golden brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack.
- Serve warm with hoisin sauce, Chinese mustard and/or sweet and sour sauce.
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council