Cochon en Chic Escharpe
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian classic herb seasoning
8 sheets fillo (phyllo) dough, thawed (Keep covered with plastic wrap)
1 16-ounce package hot dogs, (8 to a package) drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line large shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and herbs together.
- On a cutting board, place 1 sheet of fillo dough. Fold in thirds to measure 4-1/2 x 8-3/4-inches. Lightly brush with herbed butter.
- Place hot dog at the top of the dough and roll up tightly, pressing ends of dough together to seal. Repeat using all hot dogs and fillo sheets.
- Cut each hot dog into 3 sections. Place, ½-inch apart, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Lightly brush tops of each section with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until dough is golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with assorted mustards for dipping.
Light Mustard Dipping Sauce
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey
1. Stir together mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Cover and chill for about 20 minutes.
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council