Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket
Yield 30 Pieces
1 16-ounce package hot dogs with cheese (10
hot dogs per package), drained
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17-ounce package), thawed
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon cold water
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Pat hot dogs dry. Preheat oven to
400 degrees F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unfold thawed puff pastry sheet. Press fold perforations together to make a solid sheet. Using a rolling pen, roll pastry sheet to measure 15 x 10-inches. Cut into 10 rectangles, each measuring 3 x 5-inches.
3. Roll each hot dog in pastry rectangle, gently stretching and pressing dough ends together to seal.
4. Cut each wrapped hot dog into 3 pieces (about 1-1/2 inches).
5. Beat egg and water together in a small bowl. Quickly dip each wrapped hot dog into egg wash and then roll in cheese, coating all surfaces. Place, 1 inch apart, seams side down, on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is light brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm with assorted mustards or barbecue sauces.
Spicy Mustard Dip
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon boiling water
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
1. Place dry mustard in medium bowl.
Add boiling water and stir to form paste.
2. Whisk in mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon and horseradish sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council