Portion: 4 entrees
8 ounces MILD OR HOT FRESH ITALIAN
1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
4 ounces fresh button mushrooms, cleaned
1 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza crust
1 1⁄4 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated (divided)
1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Squeeze the sausage from the casing into a large skillet. Over medium heat, saute the sausage and onions together.
3. Meanwhile, drain the artichokes and reserve 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Chop the artichokes into 1⁄2 inchpieces. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
4. When the sausage is light brown and the onions are translucent, ladle into a medium bowl with a slotted spoon. Wipe the skillet clean of pan drippings, add the reserved artichoke liquid and lightly saute the mushrooms. Add to the bowl with the sausage. Add the oregano and mix all together.
5. Lightly spray a 15 inch x 10 inch baking sheet with the cooking spray. Unroll the dough into the pan and lightly push the dough to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle 2⁄3 cup of the Mozzarella over the dough. Drain the sausage mixture and evenly distribute the sausage over the dough. Then sprinkle on the remaining Mozzarella and all of the Parmesan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust turns light brown.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|Fat Total||23 grams|
© National Hot Dog & Sausage Council