Baked Sausage and Veggie Omelet
Yield: 8 breakfast servings
1 pound breakfast sausage
1 cup chopped button mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
1 cup chopped green onions
3/4 cup seeded and diced roma tomatoes
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
8 large eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
Extra chopped roma tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350║F.
- In a large heavy nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking sausage into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and drain sausage on clean paper towels.
- Drain all but 1/2 to1 teaspoon pan drippings from skillet. SautÚ mushrooms and onions in skillet just until vegetables are soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer sausage, mushrooms, onions, tomato and basil into dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture but do not stir together.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional chopped tomatoes on
Download a printable version