mushroom caps stuffed with salami/pepperoni
Yield: about 30 small mushroom caps OR 18-20 medium mushroom caps
Number of servings: 10 appetizer portions
8 ounces light cream cheese – Neufchatel (1/3 less fat), softened
2 Tablespoons skim milk
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
2 ounces lean or reduced-fat beef dry salami*, finely chopped
16 ounces small to medium whole button mushrooms
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, milk, onions and garlic together until well blended and smooth. Stir in salami/pepperoni.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Pat mushrooms dry. Place mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet, cap side up.
- Fill each mushroom cavity with meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are hot throughout. Serve warm.
- *May also use beef pepperoni.
Download a printable version