Smoked Sausage with White Bean
1 pound fully-cooked smoked sausage,coarsely
1-1/2 cups chopped onions
1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable stock
1 cup dry white wine
2 (15-ounce) cans great Northern beans,drained and rinsed
1 whole bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Flavors will intensify if soup is made one day before serving.
- Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and saute until sausage is lightly brown. Remove sausage from pan and drain all but 1 teaspoon fat from pan.
- Place onions and carrots in pan and saute until they are tender-crisp.
- Add garlic and saute
only until fragrant, about 30
- Stir in stock, wine, beans, whole bay leaf, thyme and pepper. Return sausage to pan. Bring to a boil, immediately reduce heat to low. Skim foam from top.
- Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove bay leaf. Ladle soup into
Download a printable version