NEW! Mixed Sausage Grill
Yield: 6 entrée servings
6 medium fresh ears corn on cob, silks removed but husks left on
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10-12 multicolored mini sweet peppers, seeds removed, halved and cut in 1-inch pieces
1 large red onion, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons canola oil
13-14 ounces fully cooked Kielbasa, cut into 4-inch pieces
8 ounces fresh mild Italian sausage links
8 ounces fresh bratwurst sausage links
8 ounces fresh andouille sausage links
1. Soak corn in cold water to cover for 15 minutes. Upon removal, drain and shake away excess water.
2. Meanwhile, prepare dressing by mixing vinegar, oil, oregano and black pepper together. Alternately thread pepper and onion pieces on 3 to 4 metal skewers. Brush with dressing mixture.
3. Ensure the grill rack is 5 to 6 inches from the heat source. Preheat grill for medium indirect-heat cooking. Brush grill rack with canola oil.
4. CORN: Place corn on grill rack and grill 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally. Cook until corn is steamed and hot throughout but still crisp. Unwrap the corn husks and immediately spread with softened butter.
5. SAUSAGES: Place sausage links on grill rack and cook by indirect heat, turning occasionally with long handled tongs, until each link reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Italian links about 15-20 minutes
- Bratwurst links about 12-15 minutes.
- Andouille links about 10-12 minutes
- Kielbasa sections about 10-12 minutes
6. VEGETABLE SKEWERS: Place vegetable skewers on grill rack and grill, about 10-11 minutes, turning occasionally, until just golden brown.